Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bring On The Sunshine!

Sold - thank you
Bring on the sunshine and burst into springtime with the color yellow. Can you just hear the birds singing, and the folks cutting their lawns? I know, some of you might still have some snow on the ground, but I'm ready for the spring time weather, aren't you? So here I am sewing up this buttery yellow cutie which I've named Sunny. I picked up this fabric over the weekend from one of my favorite quilt shops and fell in love with the color. All I could think of was sun shining days and wonderful springtime weather. To see more of Sunny click at my Etsy shop on the side bar.

Here's a hint (which some of you might already know); when buying fabric for your dolls check out your local quilt shops and purchase some fat quarters. A fat quarter is actually a 1/4 of a yard, but cut in a 18"x 22" square. That should be plenty for a dress with some left over for scraps. Normally you can buy some anywhere from $1.50 to $2.00. Just thought I'd share.

Meanwhile, have a wonderful day and remember All Is Bright!.....


4 comments:

  1. Im doing an easter swap! You should come sign up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she's so cute! I love how spring and summer she looks, Pat.

    Thanks for linking her up to the Sunburnt Cow link party and showing off your latest adorable creation. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow must be in the air these days as we are all excited for Spring. She is simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...