Friday, February 1, 2013

My Valentine Swap and a New Project

 
I participated in a Valentine swap hosted by Debby from Cozy Blanket.  Each participant received 5 hand-crafted valentines plus one from Debby.  Here are the ones I received yesterday in the mail. Such lovely and creative work from some wonderful ladies - thank you and a big thank you to Debby for hosting this swap.  Love my Valentines.
 
Meanwhile, in between sewing dolls and all the other millions things to do in my home, I'm working on this wool wall hanging.  The pattern is "Top of the Morning" by Geoff's Mom Pattern Co.  I just finished cutting the wool pieces and ready to applique them onto the background.  I loved this pattern when I was searching on line for something to hang over my pot belly cabinet. Since the cabinet is now in my kitchen I thought the roster and chickens would work nicely.  I love bright colors!  After it's all finished and hung I'll be sure to post a picture of it.  Yep, bet some of you didn't know that I also love quilting and wool applique.  
 
This is what I'll be working on while sitting with hubby and enjoying Super Bowl.
 
Have a wonderful weekend!
 
sweet hugs, 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Great Valentines. I can't wait to see your finished wallhanging, I love chickens too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am really excited to find another local blogger! I will follow you and hope that you will follow me as well. Have a beautiful day in this springlike weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are all set for the big day this week~ I think I am going to cook at home and avoid all the lines at restaurants.. Love all your hearts.. Oh, by the way, What is your sisters name? McAllen is full of people I know.. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...