Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Valentines!

So making dolls and working on wool projects just isn't enough for me! Here I go adding another craft to my world. Here is my very first try at mixed media art. Done on canvas - using paper, acrylic paints and pens I've just finished my granddaughter's Valentine gift. I'm hoping this collage will work well in her room. That is, I hope she will hang it up in her room! They just finished painting her room in greens, yellows and orange, hence the colors I chose. The picture of Cadie is one of my favorite where she was play-acting as a "secret agent." Her mommy even caught her talking in her wrist at one time. Such an imagination my little sweetheart has!


I love so many of the mixed media art out there. I'm hoping that soon (when I have time!) I can do some with my own drawings - something I would really like to master.


Anyway, this is my very first one - and I'm my worst critic - have a lot to learn!




Thought I'd share! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!


Hugs,

PatC

2 comments:

  1. Pat...it is funky and bursting with color! She will LOVE IT! And yes...I predict it will be hung for all to see and enjoy as much as she will! Love the little story about her being a secret agent...too cute!
    Kat♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat,
    Thank you! You are so sweet. Like I said I'm my worst critic!
    Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...