Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Song and A Movie

OK – once again sewing dresses conjures up memories. This time the song that came to mind is Mrs. Brown You Have a Lovely Daughter. Some of you might be thinking, huh? Well, brown dress and Mrs. Brown - makes sense to me – LOL! This was a hit song by Herman Hermits during the invasion of the Beatles; and for some of you young ones, no - the invasion of the Beatles was not a war. By the way, I was definitely a Beatle-maniac! Do we have any Beatle fans out there? It was a cute song that I loved singing as a young girl (very young I might add). Herman Hermits – what silly names they’d come up with, don’t ya think?

The second thought that came to mind was the movie “Pretty Woman” – loved that movie! Remember the beautiful brown & white poka dot dress Julia Roberts wore at the Polo game. This dress reminds me of that scene. Therefore, I’ve named this little cutie Julia. Pretty name, pretty dress, Pretty Woman.

Until next time – if you hear some humming it might be me sewing up another dress. Watch for Julia - soon to appear in my Etsy shop. Until then, have a lovely day, Mrs. Brown….

Hugs,


6 comments:

  1. She's wearing one of my favorite colors...BROWN! She is adorable.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is cute in her brown little dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. julia seems to be shy, isn't she? whatever, she's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is very precious with her cute dress! Does it come in my size? heehee! Enjoy your evening! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Pat -

    Even though brown is usually not considered a feminine color, I think your sweet raggedy looks very pretty and feminine. Love the rick rack, too.

    Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunburnt Cow link party. I featured you over at All Thumbs Crafts.

    Cheers,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes sense to me too! I have lots of favorite Beatle songs... and so do my kids! Thanks so much for linking up this post to my Share the Love Link Party. Hope you'll be back next week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...